Cryptopolitics and the Paranormal from a Christian Perspective

P.I.D. Radio

P.I.D. Radio 2/11/13: Next Up, Peter the Roman

Posted on February 11, 2013

Pope BenedictIN A move that surprised casual observers, Pope Benedict XVI announced today that he is resigning the papacy effective February 28, 2013. The last pope to resign, rather than die in office, was Gregory XII in 1415, in the midst of a crisis known as the Great Western Schism.

What does this mean for the Roman Catholic Church? And how does this relate to the so-called Prophecy of the Popes, attributed to the 12th-century Irish monk St. Malachy?

Cris Putnam, co-author of Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope is Here, discusses this development — and why non-Catholics should even bother to pay attention.

Sharon and Derek are presenters at the upcoming Chicago Summit #3, with Russ Dizdar, L.A. Marzulli, Doug Woodward, Rob Skiba, Doug Hamp, and Tom Dunn of the Josiah Project.  Details online here.

We will also be at the Pikes Peak Prophecy Summit July 26-28, 2013 with Gary Stearman, Tom Horn, Chuck Missler, L.A. Marzulli, Joseph Farah, Dr. Stan Monteith, Cris Putnam, and many more.  Get information here.

Please visit the P.I.D. Radio Facebook page. Find links to the articles we discuss at P.I.D. News, discuss the topics at the P.I.D. Radio Cafe, and don’t forget the great Christian podcasters at the Revelations Radio Network.

Click the arrow on the player below to listen now, or right-click (control-click if you have a Mac) the “download” link to save the mp3 file to your hard drive.

10 to “P.I.D. Radio 2/11/13: Next Up, Peter the Roman”

1. Dan Nieman says:

I’m having some problems with the audio. The player isn’t playing. I’m not sure if the problem’s on my end or yours.

2. Derek Gilbert says:

Hi, Dan,

I think the server is slow. The file is definitely there.

3. Thomas says:

Yea, for real the player is not working properly. Couldn’t get past like minute 13

4. Ray Hart says:

It keeps buffering. I’m downloading the file so I can play it from my hard drive.

5. James A. Burt says:

Hmmm. One of the leading candidates is Peter Turkson of Ghana.

6. Dan Nieman says:

Have you ever heard that the Pope could be any male baptized Catholic? I heard that three times on the local news in our area. What implications could that have for the Vatican as a nation-state?

7. James A. Burt says:

John Hogue is predicting Cardinal Bertone as next Pope.

8. JamesWatcher says:

@Earnest Seeker I’m sorry but I’d like to see something a bit more convincing than this tektontv chap. I think these guys were predicting Ratzinger’s resignation and yet these videos you linked to basically just call them morons?

9. Earnest Seeker says:

Did you even watch the videos, James? First of all, they never called the authors “morons.” Second, you didn’t address a single one of their criticisms, like the following:

1. The fallacious criteria that the authors cite for the fulfillment of Malachy’s so-called “prophecies.”

2. The fact that Malachy’s “prophecies” aren’t prophecies at all, but really just short Latin phrases.

3. The fact that the authors want to characterize Catholicism as some sort of false religion while simultaneously paying credence to one of its supposed prophets.

But, you’re gonna believe what you want to believe, dude. It just seems to me that people like you will buy any theory that makes you think it is okay to hate whoever you want to hate. Plus, the fundies around here just want to believe that Jesus is coming back now despite the fact that He said He would come back when least expected.

I guess what really bugs me is that I detect no love in messages such as these. How do bogus theories about prophecies help anyone who is hurting and alone? Last time I checked, Jesus said to believe on Him to be saved, not on St. Malachy’s “prophecies” or some guys who want to sell deeply flawed books about him.