We hope you had a relaxing weekend. Probably not so much if you live along Florida’s west coast, which waits to greet T.S. Alberto, which may intensify into Hurricane Alberto by this time tomorrow. We spend the hour covering the big stories of the day, and number one is the way Alberto fired up overnight–possibly with outside help?
We also asked a very simple question: If the FBI doesn’t have enough evidence of Osama bin Laden’s involvement in 9/11 to even mention it on his ‘most wanted’ poster, then why did we really invade Afghanistan?
Show topics and links:
- Alberto prompts hurricane warnings for Gulf Coast
Note the animated GIF of the radar image: What is that red arc? An anomaly caught on radar? A scalar weapon? A technical glitch?
- FBI: ‘No hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11’
What? Then why did we invade Afghanistan?
- Beer ingredient may fight prostate cancer
- Doctors call for ‘fat tax’ on Coca-Cola and Pepsi
- Prozac cleared for children in Europe aged eight despite fears of suicide risk
- Pentagon sets its sights on social networking websites
- Specter bill opens loopholes for NSA spying
- War on terror spawns courtroom secrecy
- Bush administration quietly plans NAFTA super highway by Jerome R. Corsi
It’s a plan to run goods from a Mexican port straight up through Kansas City to Winnipeg on a highway a quarter-mile wide!