Another show, and more pieces of the puzzle fitted together. We’re watching the meeting tomorrow with President Bush and the Baker-Hamilton study group on Iraq; it appears that new overtures will be made to Syria and Iran while America’s relationships with Israel and Jordan will be downgraded.
Meanwhile, China is diversifying its currency holdings “without dumping dollars” (yeah, right), Syria is threatening war over the Golan Heights, and the U.S. is preparing to finance and train the Lebanese army.
- Zhou Says China Will Diversify Reserves Without Dumping Dollars
- Change coming on Iraq
- Iraq says 150,000 killed by insurgents
- New call-ups of Army reservists for Iraq
- ‘Great Prophet’ war games conclude in Persian Gulf
- Iranian forces gather on Kurdish border
- Detained Iran-bound N. Korean ship baffles India
- Hamas urges attacks on U.S. targets worldwide
- Syria threatens war with Israel over Golan Heights
- US to train, equip Lebanese army
- Neo-Nazis set to hold congress in Berlin
- Wikipedia entry: Aryan“Iran” is Farsi for “land of the Aryans”
- Wikipedia entry: Alans
A nomadic Iranian people described in ancient texts as blond and blue-eyed; branches of this tribe were scattered from modern Georgia to north Africa