WHAT more can be said about the shootings that left 33 dead at Virginia Tech last Monday? Well, about 42 minutes’ worth, apparently. We ask questions about a few details that bother us about the tragedy, which include a federal “stand down” order to local police and EMTs, the jamming of local cell phone service, and differing descriptions of the shooter.
Well, we expect to hear calls for tighter restrictions on handguns and mandatory mental health screening for elementary school students. Sounds good, but it ultimately means more government control over our lives and our children.
- Sources: Feds ordered VA police to stand down
- Cell phones intentionally jammed at Virginia Tech by authorities
- Virginia Tech shooter was autistic: Relative
- Karan Grewal tells CNN’s John King he and others were handcuffed
- Differing descriptions of VT shooter
- PID Forum: Cho’s Sister an Intel Asset?
- Is this a picture of “Ismail-AX” (a.k.a. Cho Seung-Hui)? The original blog post and the photo at Flickr have since been deleted. As far as we know, Connecting the Dots is now the only place you’ll see this picture.
- Columbia shooting suspect had just left jail
- Gunman at NASA
- April: The Cruelest Month?
- Gates says Washington to sell smart bombs to Saudi Arabia
- Air Force fills Army ranks
- Russia plans world’s longest tunnel to link to Alaska
- Cuba: Posada prosecution in US or extradition to Venezuela
- Fallen Angel
- Pet food contamination: Melamine now found in rice
- Australian officials puzzle over missing yacht crew
Click the arrow on the player below to listen now, or right-click the â€œdownloadâ€ link to save the mp3 file to your hard drive.