“I am shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!”
“Your winnings, sir.”
“Oh, thank you very much. Everybody out at once!”
THE OPENING CLIP for tonight’s show, from Casablanca, sums up the political dance taking place over the AIG bonus money in Washington, D.C. The very people who voted to make the financial services industry the wealthiest welfare recipients in history now express mock outrage that the money they appropriated from American taxpayers isn’t being spent the way it should.
So they say. Comes word this weekend that some of that bailout money — the stuff left over after bank executives signed their bonus checks, paid foreign creditors, and bought up smaller competitors — is finding its way into the campaign coffers of United States congressmen and senators.
We are shocked! Shocked!
No we aren’t. Picture Chris Dodd or Barney Frank as Inspector Renault and you get the idea. What’s really interesting is that staunchly liberal members of the major media like Paul Krugman, Frank Rich, Maureen Dowd, and others are beginning to realize that President Obama either doesn’t know what he doing, or he does — and they’re not sure which is worse.
Most of the show tonight deals with the economic meltdown of the United States and world reaction to it, and what appears to be the cooperation of the current and former presidential administrations in speeding the process along.
- Was ‘Lady MacBeth’ behind Barack Obama’s snub of Gordon Brown?
- Despair over bailout policy by Paul Krugman
- Toxic Asset Plan Foresees Big Subsidies for Investors
- More on the bank plan by Paul Krugman
- Has a ‘Katrina Moment’ Arrived? by Frank Rich
- TARP Funds Get Recycled as Political Contributions
- Circling the Drain: The U.S. is Already Bankrupt by Sharon K. Gilbert
- Beware the Ron Paul/Chuck Baldwin Supporters! by Derek P. Gilbert
- The Modern Militia Movement — analysis from the Missouri Information Analysis Center
- Occult symbolism of the recovery bill
- Official blog of The Teleprompter of the United States (TOTUS)
Note: P.I.D. Radio is proud to be part of the Revelations Radio Network, a collection of like minded Internet broadcasters. Youâ€™ll find all the shows collected at www.RevelationsRadioNetwork.com.
Click arrow on the player below to listen now, or right-click (control-click for Macs) the â€œdownloadâ€ link to save the mp3 file to your computer.